Monday, April 9, 2007

Friday - Back home

Well, a long trip home. Was really worried about missing the 2nd leg from Charlotte to Newark which only had a 45 minute window to catch, particularly as we were stuck on the plane in Vegas waiting for a mechanic to fix a chair. Yeah, fix a chair. Silly but supposedly it was in the log and they couldn't legally leave. Snort.

Got out the door in Charlotte at 7:25 which coincidentally was the planned departure time of my second flight. Luckily though, after I ran all the way to the next concourse, I found out my next flight was also delayed for some unknown delay reason at Newark. They never did give an explanation other than that Air Traffic Control in Newark pushed it back. Alot of traffic I guess. Spent the time, making sure Ann Marie could still pick me up, Tom having to go to DC for an interview and Loretta having a bad back.

Did finally get back and chatted with AM as she dropped me off and headed to some now delayed evening plans. Oops! My bad.

Overall, a really great trip. At some point, I'll post some pictures with commentary.

Thanks for reading! I suggest taking a similar trip if 'opportunity' provides!

No comments: